Sunday 6 March 2011

Crazy Patchwork Cushion...

I made this scrap cushion cover the other day....

really easy to make using random scraps from the scrap box...basically I just iron, make sure I have a straight line, sew, iron, cut, sew...etc, etc, etc...it was pretty easy, I then made a back out of white cotton, envelope style and ta da...1 cushion done!!!
This one is already sold to my mates mum, gonna make a second one soon...
In other news, I bought an awesome new draw/storage thing the other day. My previous storage solution consist of cupboards in the kitchen which are FULL of fabric, and then boxes, tool boxes, and more boxes in the lounge in a horrible kinda messy thing which is awkard to get at, annoying to put stuff back into...
So IKEA to the rescue...I bought this Antonius storage system for around £30!!! It's brillient, although it was VERY noisy to put together!!! has a solid top so I can keep my sewing machine on the top and it looks like a proper bit of furniture so that it doesn't look too weird in the lounge!!!

Sorry about the rubbish photo (iphone in the dark!!!)
But yeah...sooo much better!!! what storage solutions have you employed? particularly if you live in a teeny-tiny place with no sewing/craft room? (I have serious craft room envy whenever I see someone with a sewing machine!!!) Will endeavour to post again soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment