Monday 28 June 2010

Patchwork Paper Picture Frames!!!


Hello...it's been beautiful weather here for days and days now...(bit worried it's all the summer we are going to have, so trying to make the most of it), but I currently have tonsillitis, which is rubbish, and I've had a temperature which in 30 degree heat is not ideal. Anyway...this hasn't completely stopped me crafting...
I was looking through a cupboard of odds and ends the other day, (somewhere I put presents, and things that need a make over at some point) and found some plain photo frames, which were nice, I had painted them, but decided I didn't like them once I had. I liked the idea of making them look like a patchwork, (something I had seen on Design Sponge -scroll down to see Lula Aldunate beautiful patchwork effect wallcovering- )


Using this as inspiration I got out some lovely Origami paper I bought when I was in the States and set about covering the frames. I used PVA glue to both stick the paper on and to seal them once stuck. VERY simple and easy to do...


Now they hold 2 lovely but very different birthday cards, one from my lovely friend Lucy from the previous post, she is a brilliant crafter and artist, and makes gorgeous cards and the other by my buddy Obi who was 3 I think when he gave me this card and who LOVES Disney's Stitch. I think they may end up with actual photos in, but I haven't had any developed for ages... defiantly needs to go on the To-Do list!!!

1 comment: