Tuesday 23 February 2010

Yummy Oatmeal Bake!!!



I was given this delicious breakfast whilst at my sister's Brother and Sister-in-Law's house. It is a great way to start the day and is yummy whilst being pretty healthy and quick and simple. it makes around 8-9 portions and can be changed pretty simply with your own variations.
The Recipe is as follows...

Preheat oven to 180 C or 350F

3 Cups dry Oatmeal (I use Large/Jumbo Oats)
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Butter
1/3 Cup Light Soft Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2-1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla extract or essence
1/2-1 Cup Dried fruit (I use a Five Fruit Mix from Asda with rasins, dates, apricots, cranberries and Goji Berries)
1/2 Cup of Nuts (I don't put these in often but are nice)

1 - Melt the butter
2 - Stir in brown sugar, vanilla, eggs, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3 - Add in oats, raisins and/or nuts.
4 - Stir in the milk.
5 - Pour into a buttered dish, (I use a porcelain lasagne type dish as in the picture above)
6 - Bake for 20-25 mins. Defiantly check it after 15-20 mins as it turns from goldren to burnt very quickly!!!
7 - Serve warm with milk or if being very naughty cream!!!


If you have any left over after you have cooked it the 1st time around, then you can really easily portion it up and wrap each one in clingfilm. I them take them to work, put them in the microwave and then add milk. Mine last a good few days in the fridge!!!
Hope you enjoy this recipe, I've given it to quite a few people at work and everyone loves it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment